Wednesday, October 28, 2020

🏰 Author Interview: E.M. Power Author of MY LIONS' DEN

 


E. M. (Eva Marie) Power, was born and lived for the first nine-years of her life on the
Island of Guam.  She was adopted at birth and raised by a single Guamanian woman, Alfonsina Manyanona Duenas from the Southern Village of Talofofo, Guam.  E. M. (Eva Marie) Power moved stateside to Southern California at the age of nine and it is where she currently resides.  She is the mother of six children and the grandmother of four.  Just like she describes in this book, if ever in a Lions’ Den (life trial) she will always choose Faith! 

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/evalitamarie

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/authorempower/?hl=en

 






As a book bloggin’ and book luvin’ Princess, I’m always curious to find out how authors got the ideas for their books.  Can you tell us how you got the idea to write your book?

I had been convicted to write this book by God.  About a week after my official last day of work, I was compelled to write this book.  The day I completed it and sent it off to the editor, I felt a sense of release.

If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would that be?

Live, Laugh, Love and then write about it!

What would you say is one of your interesting writing quirks?

I pray before and read a couple of scriptures.  Depending on the time of day, I will either have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine at hand.  I also listen to music at some point.

Do you hear from your readers?  What do they say?

I have heard from my readers and have had unanimous favorable feedback!  They say they are looking forward to reading the next book.

What is the toughest criticism given to you as an author?

The toughest criticism is that I spoke of God and my faith.  I did, because it was the truth.

What has been your best accomplishment?

My best accomplishment is the impact my book has had.

Do you Google yourself?

No, I do not.

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

None, I have a few in my mind, but have only one that I have spent any time exploring.

Fun question – if you were princess or prince, what’s one thing you would do to make your kingdom a better place?

I would require that from the birth of a child until the enrollment of kindergarten be in the full time care of at least one parent or grandparent.  I believe it is crucial to the development of children during those years and beneficial to the family unit for as much time to be spent together.  Why have a child if not to be there?  Parents need to be present to instill fundamental beliefs, enjoy their child’s growth and development, create unforgettable memories and share time.  I believe this would positively impact my kingdom.

Do you have anything specific that you would like to say to your readers?

Immediate, warm, tight hugs and thank you for choosing to spend your valued time reading my book.


 



This is my personal story of my trial with Domestic Abuse.  This book was not intended to sensationalize Domestic Abuse.  It is not to portray my abuser in a bad light or as an enemy.  Abuse has no prejudices.  Abuse may occur no matter a person’s religion, non-religion, race, economic income level, profession, culture, gender, or age.  Abuse may happen at any time and to anyone.  Yes, that means you too.  If you think you would never be the victim of abuse, you risk being gravely mistaken (pun intended).  Domestic Abuse may take place within any relationship type.  There is no formula, medicine, vaccine, proven theory, amount of therapy, answer or cure.  The abuser is not always someone that had ever been a victim themselves.  The abuser is not always someone that has witnessed violence or abuse.  By sharing my personal story, I hope to give you a better understanding of abuse in order to prevent this life trial to be your story too.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/3a99S4d

No comments:

Post a Comment