Sunday, November 15, 2020

🏰 Author Interview: JC Miller Author of THEY CALL ME GOMER...

 




JC Miller
 lives in the scenic Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania with her husband, children, and floppy-eared Bassador pup.

Raised by a single-mother in the Bronx, JC pulls from early experiences to showcase the soul of the ghetto through faith-based novels. She also dedicates much of her time uplifting women via her blog and creating content with partner MR Spain, through their publishing company, Jess, Mo’ Books LLC.

On her days off, you can find JC whipping up her famous Red Velvet Cake and listening to songs from her impressive vinyl record collection.




As a book bloggin’ and book luvin’ Princess, I’m always curious to find out how authors got the ideas for their books.  Can you tell us a little about the main characters of your book?

Elizabeth Gomer Williams, Go-Go, if you will, was derived from an original bad girl of the Bible, Gomer. Go-Go's ammo was seduction, and she used it to claim the diva status she sought after. Frolicking the streets of the South Bronx in the 80s and 90s, this insatiable bougie hood-princess didn't deny herself of anything her eyes desired, even if it wasn't hers. As a troubled teen, divided by her love of money and her love for two men, Go-Go attempted to recover her past but inadvertently damaged her future.

If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would that be?

See it through until the end, kiddo. Don't give up so easily.

What would you say is one of your interesting writing quirks?

I write by the seat of my pants. I believe the most creative and interesting stories come from initial thoughts and free expression.

Do you hear from your readers? What do they say?

I have had readers reach out to me via social media, email, and once a phone call. That really surprised me! Most people appreciate the familiarity of the culture and the detail in characterization. I appreciate hearing from them, and I treasure their thoughts. 

What is the toughest criticism given to you as an author?

I'm new to this game, so none yet, but I hope that I use it to perfect my craft when it comes.

What has been your best accomplishment?

My best accomplishment in the literary world was completing my freshman project; I Am Rahab: A Novel, the trilogy. And claiming the title, author.

Do you Google yourself?

Lol, now and again. I may not be the only JC Miller, but I am the OG! Remember that.

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

As of current, it would be one. And I'm working on it.

Fun question – if you were princess or prince, what’s one thing you would do to make your kingdom a better place?

Get rid of money and live happily off the land as free-loving hippies.

Do you have anything specific that you would like to say to your readers?

Thank you for your love and support. My new novel, They Call Me Gomer… is available on Amazon. Check it out and let me know what you think. Hit me up on social media and stay up to date with future projects by subscribing to newsletters via my website www.authorjcmiller.com




“Dear Diary, On 
September 3, 1982, two things happened that I’ll never forget: I acquired an older sister, and I fell in real love. But tell me, what does an eight-year-old know about love?”

For nearly a decade, Hosea Felix and Gomer Williams were inseparable. She loved him from the moment she laid eyes on him. Their friendship was iron-clad until temptation rocked Gomer to her core. Somewhere along the way, she fell for another guy and traded young love for instant pleasure. Not only is Jeri Cole fine—he is a bonafide gangsta, unattainable, and off-limits. Jeri was all Gomer could think about, and the only thing she thought she wanted. Despite her big sister already laying claim to him, not much could stop Gomer from clawing at the possibility of love and diva status. Getting with Jeri felt right…but at what cost?

Gomer never backed down. She is the original bad girl—ratchet, bougie, and insatiable. Feel like you wanna dislike her? Well, get in line.

They Call me Gomer… JC Miller’s sophomore spin-off novel enthralls readers with a deeply woven, emotionally heart-tugging take on the Book of Hosea. By examining rape culture, drug addiction, family secrets, and the vulnerabilities of young Black girls in pursuit of fortune and fame, this contemporary tale gives those in search of a good dra-mance all the feelings!

ORDER YOUR COPY

https://amzn.to/3ejGgTE

No comments:

Post a Comment