🏰 Author Interview Featuring Joni Parker, author of Ten Gold Coins: Book Two of The Golden Harvest Series


Joni Parker was born in Chicago, Illinois, but moved the Japan when she was 8, so her father could become a professional golfer. Once he achieved his dream, Joni and her family returned to the U.S. and moved to Phoenix, Arizona. After high school, Joni served her country for 22 years in the Navy and another 7 years in federal civil service. She retired and lives in Tucson, Arizona, devoting her time to writing, reading, and watching the sunrise.

Author Links  

Website | Twitter | Facebook

 


🏰As a book bloggin’ and book luvin’ Princess, I’m always curious to find out how authors got the ideas for their books.  How did you come up with the idea for your book, Ten Gold Coins?

 

Ten Gold Coins was inspired by the story of betrayal when Judas sells information about Jesus for 30 shekels. When I first heard this story in Sunday School, I was shocked, but as I grew older, I’ve found examples of it everywhere. It’s common practice for a police officer to pay a snitch for information, or a newspaper to pay for a juicy story. So, I was interested to see how my main character Alex would react when it happens to her. The idea of paying a tribute came from The Hunger Games, but instead of sacrificing the lives of two young people for this game, the Elves must pay a tribute in gold: The Golden Harvest.




🏰What was the hardest part about writing your book?



The hardest part of writing the book is the editing. When I first showed this book to my sister, who was editing it, she told me to change the title without even reading it. I hope no one has the same idea. After she read it, she liked it.

🏰How long have you been writing or when did you start?

I started writing in earnest when I was in my late fifties. I’m a late bloomer. So never give up. There’s always a chance to start writing.

🏰Do you hear from your readers?  What do they say?


Some of my readers wonder how I come up with my ideas. I don’t have an answer for them because I don’t know. I don’t plan my stories out, and I write whatever comes to mind.

🏰If you could tell your younger self anything, what would that be?


I wish I’d known to work

🏰What has been the best accomplishment in your writing career?


My best accomplishment is writing and publishing 12 books and 1 novella. I have 2 more books in the pipeline, and then, I’d like to write another series. 

🏰How do you use social media as an author? Which is your favorite social media platform?

I post articles about writing online to help fellow authors. I don’t have a favorite platform although I use Facebook and Twitter. I can’t get interested in Instagram, Threads, or TikTok.

🏰Do you have anything that you would like to say to your readers?


Keep your mind active by reading a book or writing one.


About Ten Gold Coins: Book Two of The Golden Harvest Series

Lady Alexin (Alex), the Keeper of the Keys for the Elfin Council of Elders, returns home to Eledon to help her grandmother clean out the warehouse, but she’s kidnapped and forced to use the magical Keys of Eledon in a series of life-or-death missions with consequences that span across the realms. Her captor, Lord Fissure of the Rock Elves, demands her magical help, but once he’s done with her, he turns her over to the Marsh Elf Sawgrass, a criminal, who sends her into the treacherous depths of Hades’ kingdom in the Underworld for his own benefit. To save herself, Alex calls upon the powers of Poseidon, but he enlists her help with the Golden Harvest for Olympus before the Mentors arrive. His brothers, Zeus and Hades, are the only ones who know where the gold is stored, so Alex follows their trail into the mortal world, only to find they aren’t ready to return. What must she do to get them back to Olympus so she can return home to Eledon?

You can pick up your copy at Amazon at https://amazon.com/dp/B0CW1GJDPH .

 

No comments:

Post a Comment