Sunday, September 5, 2021

🏰 Author Interview Featuring Ronda Beaman, Author MY FEATS IN THESE SHOES #interview


I have a very talented lady here today to tell us all about her new memoir, My Feats in These Shoes: A Solely Original Memoir. Her name is Dr. Ronda Beaman. 

Enjoy the interview!

First, find out more about Ronda and her hot new book...


Dr. Ronda Beaman has been Chief Creative Officer for the global research and solution firm PEAK Learning, Inc., since 1990. As a national award-winning educator, Dr. Beaman is Clinical Professor of Leadership at The Orfalea School of Business, California Polytechnic University. She is Founder and Executive Director of Dream Makers SLO, a non-profit foundation granting final wishes to financially- challenged, terminally-ill adults, and serves on the Board of Directors for the National Pay It Forward Foundation. She was recently named a Stanford Fellow at the Distinguished Career Institute.

Her national award-winning book, You’re Only Young Twice, has been printed in five languages. Her memoir, Little Miss Merit Badge, was an Amazon bestseller and was featured at The Golden Globe Awards. Her children’s book, Seal With a Kiss, is designed to improve skills for beginning readers and is offered at Lindamood-Bell Learning Centers internationally. My Feats in These Shoes will be released in Spring 2021.

Dr. Beaman is an internationally recognized expert on leadership, resilience, fitness, education, and life coaching. She has conducted research in a host of areas, written many academic articles and books, and won numerous awards. She was selected by the Singapore Ministry of the Family as their honored Speaker of the Year and named the first recipient of the National Education Association’s “Excellence in the Academy: Art of Teaching” award. She has been selected as a faculty resource for the Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO) university in Argentina, Kyoto and India, where she received the highest speaker ratings among 36 elite faculty. She has been featured on major media including CBS and Fox Television, USA Today, and is a national thought leader for American Health Network.

Dr. Beaman earned her doctorate in Leadership at Arizona State University. She is also a certified executive coach and personal trainer with multiple credentials from the Aerobic Research Center. Her family was named “America’s Most Creative Family” by USA Today and she won the SCW National Fitness Idol competition.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | INSTAGRAM


As a book bloggin’ and book luvin’ Princess, I have to admit your book is intriguing! Can you give our readers a little excerpt?


My dad’s favorite books, Mein Kampf, Think and Grow Rich, and How to Win Friends and Influence People are book-ended by my bronzed baby shoes.

The shoes have deep copper colored wrinkles and folds, they cave in slightly at the arch, and one is missing a shoelace. My report cards aren’t bronzed, neither are my pacifiers, baby blankets, rattles, or bottles. My graduation shoes or wedding shoes are not plastered for posterity, only my baby shoes.

No other personal artifact, it seems, is significant enough to be preserved for all time as what I had on my feet when taking my first steps into the world. I chose to believe my bronzed baby shoes are a tiny monument to potential and promise. Over- come by this notion, I once made the mistake of asking my dad who it was that had my shoes bronzed and he said, “Why would I know? What a waste of money...and copper.”

If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would that be? 

You won’t win a girl scout badge for this, but it’s better than carving your initials


on a tree or leaving a pithy motto on a bathroom wall! So, write on!

What would you say is one of your interesting writing quirks? 

 absolutely cannot get a word down edgewise unless I vacuum the house first.

Do you hear from your readers?  What do they say? 

I do, they love that I have spunk, take a positive approach and leave them laughing at the tough stuff that we all face.

What is the toughest criticism given to you as an author?  

I am a too sweet David Sedaris.

What has been your best accomplishment? 

Since my latest book is “My Feats in These Shoes”, you know I am an accomplishment addict! But the biggest one is being the Mother of USA Today’s America’s Most Creative Family.


Do you Google yourself? 

Not generally, I have pretty thin skin, but I believe what I have to share may help people so I put it out there despite the potential for pain.

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have? 

None, I am totally into the completion thing. I have lots of ideas though!

Fun question – if you were princess or prince, what’s one


thing you would do to make your kingdom a better place? 

I would insist that everyone gets their version of a glass slipper or loafer so that their dreams come true.

Do you have anything specific that you would like to say to your readers? 

I wrote this book to let readers know that no life is void of slips, missteps, trips and stumbles, that FEATS come in all shapes and sizes and if the life you chose doesn’t fit, you can always look for a different style.


No comments:

Post a Comment