Sunday, May 22, 2022

🏰 Author Interview Featuring Avery Daniels, Author FIRST BITE #authorinterview #interview #puyb @my_averydaniels @pumpupyourbook


 


I have a very talented lady here today to tell us all about her new paranormal cozy mystery novel, First Bite. Her name is Avery DanielsEnjoy the interview but first, let's find out more about Avery and her hot new book...

Avery Daniels was born and raised in Colorado, graduated from college with a degree in business administration and has worked in fortune 500 companies and Department of Defense her entire life. Her most eventful job was apartment management for 352 units. She still resides in Colorado with two brother black cats as her spirited companions. She volunteers for a cat shelter, enjoys scrapbooking and card making, photography, and painting in watercolor and acrylic. She inherited a love for reading from her mother and grandmother and grew up talking about books at the dinner table.

Her latest book is the paranormal cozy mystery, First Bite.

You can visit her website at http://avery-daniels.com/. Connect with her on TwitterFacebookGoodreadsBookBuband Bingebook.

Sign up for her newsletter at www.tinyurl.com/2p952mcv.



In 24 hours, Misty Summers had the worst date of her life, was bit by a vampire, and her PI boss may close his business as he goes through a divorce. Looking on the positive side, she decides to use her new vampire assets and become the private investigator to keep her income. She doesn’t know what her future holds, but it can’t be any worse! When she starts following up on a missing woman’s case, she finds herself in the middle of murder.

Book Information

Release Date: May 1, 2022

Publisher:  Blazing Sword

Ebook: ASIN; 290 pages; $2.99

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3OmzDl4



As a book bloggin’ and book luvin’ Princess, I’m always curious about the book’s characters. Can you tell us a little about the main characters of your book?

Misty Indigo Summers goes on a terrible blind date, ends up walking home when she is attacked by a vampire and bitten.  She is a secretary for a private detective and he leaves his business to deal with a failing marriage.  She decides to try and wrap up the few cases that are still open, then has to deal with the reality that she is one of the undead.  She is kind hearted and a positive thinking advocate who says affirmations and looks on the bright side.

If you could tell your younger writing self anything, what would that be? 

Study the books you love as the first lessons in how to write. Study how they dole out details, how characters are introduced and brought to life, how suspense is maintained etc.

What would you say is one of your interesting writing quirks? 

I am a hybrid of plotter and pantser (write by the seat of my pants).  I detail out basics of victim, suspects, motive and killer along with pacing points.  But otherwise, I just write.  Most people fall into one or the other but I am truly both.  The characters start revealing themselves to me as I write and I get more interesting details arise than when I sit down to purposely write up a bio.

Do you hear from your readers?  What do they say

Yes I hear from readers.  I get responses like they were surprised about who the killer was.  One woman wrote me from the UK and was so happy that I had my character seeking a psychologist as a result of the killer confrontation.  Her husband is a psychologist and it isn’t as accepted in the UK as it is in America to talk to a qualified person to work through issues.  That really brought home how a cozy mystery can impact people.

What is the toughest criticism given to you as an author?

I was told by a person that he didn’t consider me a real author because I wrote mysteries not literary “serious” fiction.

What has been your best accomplishment? 

I feel like each book is my best accomplishment, each time I have finished the draft, edited the work several times, and published I feel a sense of great accomplishment.  Whether that is the thrillers I write or a fun cozy, they are each an accomplishment.  The thrillers are emotionally more of an undertaking, though.

Do you Google yourself? 

Not really.  Now you have me curious ;-)

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

None.  I am starting writing my next thriller in the Elizabeth Grant series and I am already making notes for the next Accidental Vampire PI.  I also have notes for more series ideas that I haven’t begun to pursue yet.

Fun question – if you were princess or prince, what’s one thing you would do to make your kingdom a better place? 

Every month have a big celebration, like pecan pie festival, kite making day, dress up your pet day, best homemade hat day, etc. and everybody is encouraged to join in.

Do you have anything specific that you would like to say to your readers

Thank you for reading.  Not just my books, but reading at all.  You are a hero and reading is a super power!  But a special thanks for giving my book a chance when there are so very many to choose from.  I am grateful beyond words for each person who reads my books and I hope I was able to entertain you for a few hours.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment