Friday, September 29, 2023

🏰 Author Interview Featuring Jamie Linn Saloff, author of Hatch: A Change Your Life Guide

 

I have a very talented lady here today to tell us all about her new book, Hatch: A Change Your Life Guide
.
Jamie Linn Saloff is passionate about aiding fiercely independent, misfit, square pegs trapped in an unfulfilling life. Author, teacher, story weaver, spiritual counselor, seer of visions, pathfinder, for over thirty years Jamie’s taught how to reignite your heart by listening to your body groan and your soul weep. She is the author of twelve books including Hatch: A Change Your Life Guide and her Marvelous Messages™ series.

Author Links  

Website | Facebook | Facebook Author Page | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Amazon Profile

 


 

I’d like to know more about you as a person first.  What do you do when you’re not writing?

 
Do you mean to make money or to have fun? (Which, sometimes, are one in the same!) Over twenty-years ago, I asked an author/mentor friend of mine if I could build him a website. I started doing that for others and quickly found out—I hated it! (I still build my own, though.) However, I also told him about this then-new thing called “print on demand” publishing and thought I knew how to do it. I had all the right software and knowledge. So, I convinced him to stop printing his books at the local copy shop and try it. From there, I formed a long-standing career where I helped authors self-publish by coaching them through the process, designing their books, and, in general, holding their hand as they made their book dream come true. I now tell everyone I am semi-retired from that, only taking on a few clients here and there, while I focus on my own books. Besides that, my husband retired last year and we are in the midst of selling our forty-four-year collection of 20th Century antiques. (This is actually a full-time job in itself!) When I’m not doing those things, I love making jewelry from vintage and found objects, needlecrafts, reading, and working on a photo-genealogy of my family that goes back over one hundred years. 

As a published author, what would you say was the most pivotal point of your writing life?

That’s difficult because there are probably many, but I would say it is likely when I hired a writing mentor and began taking my writing seriously. Over the years, I’ve been very fortunate to know a lot of successful writers who helped me on my way. One of the best ways to meet some of these people is to work as a volunteer behind the scenes of a writer’s conference. I did that for many years and learned a tremendous amount, while also making some life-long friends. 

If you could go anywhere in the world to start writing your next book, where would that be and why?

I’ve been to almost every state in the US. I’ve been to Europe. I’ve been to tropical islands. A person can learn a lot by being in other cultures. Still, I love more than anything to have a quite space at home where I know nobody is going to bother me, if possible, for several days in a row. I live in a cottage on a lake where people are always walking, biking, fishing, or in a boat. It’s a lovely place to be (even though we get a lot of snow), and I am most happy when I am there. 

If you had 4 hours of extra time today, what would you do?

Write. Work on more books. I am driven at the moment to complete some writing projects, and I focus most of my time on those. I am horribly connected to my computer and someone should probably force me to stay off it. . . (No. . .  please don’t!) Otherwise, I might update my website. Play. Add to my journal. Read. Watch a tv show my husband would hate. (If I have extra free time, he’s not home!) Sometimes I like to work a good jigsaw puzzle or make jewelry from vintage and found objects. I always keep busy. There’s always something I want to do.

Why was writing Hatch: A Change Your Life Guide so important to you?

In my books, I write a lot about me. I use me as an example because I’m the best example I’ve known. But Hatch isn’t really about me. It’s about the reader who wants to make the most of their life, who wants to get unstuck from an unsatisfactory situation. It’s about living up to and beyond their potential, and most of all, about hearing their heart and living out the dreams their heart longs to live. I may talk about how and what I did (right and wrong) to achieve all I did in my life, but it’s so they can do it in theirs. That’s the bottom line for me because I feel like the more we help others to be their best, the happier people will be, and the happier people are, the better the world will be. 

What’s next for you?

I am working on a gift book called Hatch-ette (or in other words, the mini version of Hatch), which I intend to give away. It will be a quick jumpstart for those who want to “hatch a life worth loving.” When that is done, I am working on my Marvelous Messages series of books. The next one to be launched is Marvelous Messages from Your Ancestry. I have a deck of cards that goes with that one. After that, I want to create a video course, a community where I can interact with others, and an incubator program where I can privately mentor others. 

 

About Hatch: A Change Your Life Guide



If you could, how would you change your life?

While bravely facing the motherlode of difficult life challenges, you never dreamt the result would be a soul-sucking, heart-crushing existence.    

Although you try to ignore the emptiness, detachment, and feeling that you don’t belong, you rarely make changes. It just seems too impossible for so many reasons. Instead, you silenced your heart’s nagging with self-sacrifice, food stuffing, or by becoming a workaholic.  

Contemplating ending her life, Jamie Saloff chose instead to hatch a new one. She knows how self-doubt and unworthiness can cloud our ability to move forward after the darkness of illness, grief, trauma, or tragedy – because she’s faced it too.    

In Hatch – A Change Your Life Guide, Saloff walks readers through her step-by-step method to:  

• Awaken your soul’s purpose by listening to your heart’s voice   

• Find confidence in your next forward step by hearing your body speak

•See messages of guidance everywhere by learning where to look    

• Uncover your future in your past by examining your ancestral heritage      

• And much, much more…  

“It’s a simple question “Do you wish you could change your life for the better” while the answer is an easy one – do you have any idea of how to accomplish the task? “Hatch – A Change Your Life Guide” gives you a systematic process that will take you on a journey of physical, emotional, and spiritual healing…I highly recommend this wonderful and enlightening book” – Yolanda Renee

Buy Links:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment