🏰 Author Interview Featuring Jennifer Chase, author of The First Girl: Detective Katie Scott Book 11


Jennifer Chase is a multi award-winning and USA Today Best Selling crime fiction author, as well as a consulting criminologist. Jennifer holds a bachelor degree in police forensics and a master’s degree in criminology & criminal justice. These academic pursuits developed out of her curiosity about the criminal mind as well as from her own experience with a violent psychopath, providing Jennifer with deep personal investment in every story she tells. In addition, she holds certifications in serial crime and criminal profiling. Her latest book is The First Girl.

Website & Social Media:

Website -> https://authorjenniferchase.com/ 

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/jchasenovelist 

Facebook -> https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJenniferChase 

Instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/jenchaseauthor/ 

Goodreads:->www.goodreads.com/author/show/2780337.Jennifer_Chase

 


🏰As a book bloggin’ and book luvin’ Princess, I’m always curious to find out how authors got the ideas for their books.  How did you come up with the idea for your book, The First Girl?


I've always loved murder mysteries and thrillers. I had wanted to write a series about a cold case detective and all the dynamics that these cases entail with her background being an Army veteran that was part of an explosives K9 team as well as a police officer. My main character takes me in many directions, which I love. Basically, the possibilities are endless. The First Girl revolves around a little girl who survived a home massacre.  


🏰What was the hardest part about writing your book?

I love writing. It's hard work, but a labor of love. The most difficult part? It's not the storyline or the research. It's preparing the best ending possible. I challenge myself with every book because I want the ending to be exciting, twisty, and satisfying for the reader.

🏰Do you hear from your readers?  What do they say?

Yes, I love to hear from readers. I try to answer all messages and questions whenever possible. So many readers tell me how much they enjoy the books and Detective Katie Scott. They have specific ideas on who she should be dating. I love that! Also, K9 Cisco gets a lot of messages as well. Most want to make sure he's going to stay safe.

How long have you been writing or when did you start?

I've been writing all my life, but didn't write books professionally until about twelve years ago. 

 

🏰How do you use social media as an author? What is your favorite social media platform?

Social media is a challenge and making the time to keep up to date. I like most platforms, but I think my Facebook author page would be my favorite. It's easy to use and to keep connected with my readers. 

 


🏰What has been the best accomplishment in your writing career?

The best accomplishment has been being able to write full-time. I'm so thankful for my wonderful publisher, Bookouture, who allow me to flourish with many more storylines.

🏰Do you have anything that you would like to say to your readers?

Thank you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I wouldn't get to do what I do without all of you.

About The First Girl



The cold night breeze slams the barn door shut with a sickening crash. The girl curled in the corner wakes with a start. Her gold butterfly necklace catches the pale moonlight as she clutches it tight, thinking of her family. Will she ever escape? Or is this the last face she’ll ever see?

Detective Katie Scott stares in horror at what she and her service dog Cisco have discovered: seven shallow graves, the bodies of young women each wrapped carefully in a blanket and buried in makeshift coffins. Miles of abandoned farmland stretch out from the treeline behind her. Has Katie uncovered the horrifying graveyard of a monster who has been stealing Pine Valley’s daughters for years?

Katie quickly identifies one of the victims as Abigail Andrews, a beautiful young woman who disappeared fifteen years ago. Katie is heartbroken that she’ll have to tell Abigail’s mother her darling girl is gone.

When Katie is ambushed working late at the scene, fired upon by an unknown assailant, she knows she must be close to finding the killer. But the shooter vanishes into thin air. And when a new young woman is taken, dark haired and dark eyed like the others, Katie realizes her time is running out. Can she stay alive long enough to track down this twisted murderer before another young life is stolen too soon?

“Fast paced, characters intelligent and had each others back. The plot was a bit harrowing, but from what plot entailed I was confident one of the main protagonists, Katie had the situation under control. At least the best of her capabilities as the situation warranted. This ebook was fresh, tasteful and powerful. It was a boon to read about a female with military experience who maintained a level head and who put her knowledge to practice.” ~Amazon 

“AMAZING characters (including Cisco of coarse) & suspense in a twisty plot that sucks you in & never lets you go. Highly RECOMMEND the entire series for some great reading.”  ~NetGalley

AMAZING characters (including Cisco of coarse) & suspense in a twisty plot that sucks you in & never lets you go. Highly RECOMMEND the entire series for some great reading.” ~Goodreads

The First Girl is available at Amazon & Other Retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment