🏰 Author Interview Featuring Laurel C. Fox, Author of 'braveing the way'

Laurel C. Fox was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and raised in Aspen, Colorado from the age of nine, through high school. After graduating college with a BA in Liberal Arts, Laurel wound up living in Los Angeles for thirty five years, raising two daughters, and having several careers. Laurel worked for Neil Diamond in the music business for fifteen of those years and traveled the world. Laurel now lives back in Colorado with her husband, John. She works as a voice-over actor and can be heard in many popular television shows such as Lethal Weapon, Angie Tribeca, and Manifest, to name a few. Laurel enjoys being a substitute teacher for the public and private elementary schools in the Roaring Fork Valley. She also sings in a local band, and dabbles on the theater stage whenever she can.

You can visit the author’s web page at www.braveingtheway.com and Instagram at https://instagram.com/laurelcarini.

 

 

🏰As a book bloggin' and book luvin' princess, I'm always curious to find out how my favorite authors get ideas to write their books. How did you come up with the idea for 'braveing the way'?

 
In 2014 I got a phone call that no parent ever wants to receive. My daughter Taylor was in a horrible accident, and was being transported to the biggest trauma center in Los Angeles.  When I began writing and digging into an on-line journal everyday, not only to escape the madness, but to also communicate with everyone-- I learned that it was my comfort. Then my comfort and my cathartic writing process slowly became bigger than that. I had the idea to turn my journals into a book after mentoring several other parents through a similar trauma and learning that people wanted to know more.
 
🏰What was the hardest part about writing your book?
 
My story is about a trauma that happened to my daughter, Taylor, when she was fourteen years old. My story takes you deep into my own journey while being beside my daughter in her separate journey of survival. Writing about my own journey was difficult in the sense of re-visiting some things, but also putting it all on paper for my readers was not easy.
 
🏰How long have you been writing or when did you start? 
 
I began writing from day one which was June 4th, 2014 and found myself writing periodically years later. I had months of straight writing everyday and then months of nothing coming to me at all.
 
🏰Do you hear from your readers? What do they say? 

I do hear from my readers. Everyday I get a text, or an email and sometimes a phone call. I am receiving wonderful feedback from several people in the medical community and also licensed therapists regarding my resilience topic and the way I move through the trauma with my daughter. Some examples:

 I high recommend this book for anyone who wants to be inspired by the human spirit and tenacity of a mother and daughter.  A.SWIFT

Written as real-talk, conversational and easy to understand (not all medical jargon) medical issues, it’s a page turner. Laurel brings you right into her life and story. K.MCNEIL

Her ability to convey the challenges the entire family faced is remarkable, and her resolve is beyond inspiring.  SHAYNE

 
🏰What has been the best accomplishment in your writing career? 
 
The best accomplishment in my writing career has been finishing the book. Actually being able to hold it in my hands was a peak moment for me.
 
🏰Which is your favorite social media platform? 
Instagram. (LaurelCarini) is my handle.
 
🏰Do you have anything that you would like to say to your readers? 
 
 I would tell my readers (who haven’t read the book) that it is not only a beautiful story about maternal sacrifice, it is also about building tenacity, strength and courage through intense struggle. I hope to encourage and bring bravery to people who don’t think they have it. Life happens and I hope my story reminds you to be thoughtful, hopeful and thankful everyday.

 About braveing the way

Title: Braveing the Way

Author: Laurel C. Fox

Publication Date: June 20, 2024

Pages: 186

Genre: Memoir

When Laurel’s fourteen-year-old daughter experiences a life-altering event, her entire world is upended overnight. Faced with her child’s precarious fight to survive and the daunting road of rehabilitation ahead, Laurel discovers fountains of courage and devotion she didn’t know she possessed.

Despite the hardships and her own private grief, Laurel tackles each grueling day with positivity, resilience, and humor. She becomes a tireless advocate for her daughter by pushing past exhaustion and uncertainty, focusing on savoring small triumphs, finding meaning amidst tragedy, and opening the door to the healing force of community.

Sharing her deeply personal experience, she delivers an emotionally charged story that reveals the extraordinary power of a mother’s love, underscoring the lengths a parent will go to for their children. Laurel’s own self-discovery will both encourage and inspire you.

Laurel says to her readers My book is about a trauma that happened to my daughter, Taylor, when she was fourteen years old. My story ‘braveing the way’ takes you deep into my own journey while being beside my daughter in her separate journey of survival.”

Braveing the Way is available at Amazon.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment